Features and roadmap.
This page is a work in progress. Below is an incomplete list of planned features in no particular order. Many are long-term aspirations. In the coming days, this will be sequenced into a roadmap and expanded with further details.
Short-term feature development at a more granular level is tracked in the Task Board on GitHub. Check that out to see what's coming down the pipeline during monthly sprints.
The current order of priorities right now begins with adding a node graph system to the existing vector editing toolset, then building a raster-based render engine. More advanced features will build off those core capabilities.
- Node graph and layer tree
- Resolution-agnostic rendering
- Compositing engine
- Procedural generation
- Mixed vector and raster design
- RAW photo editing
- Physically-based painting
- Data viz/graph/chart creation
- Advanced typesetting
- HDR/WCG color handling
- Motion graphics and animation
- Live video compositing
- Animated SVG creation
- Real-time collaborative editing
- Constraint solver
- Custom node scripting
- Asset manager and store
- Portable render engine
- Batch conversion and processing
- Data-driven template replacement
- Native desktop application
- Distributed rendering system